Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Conversation Continues

Both Matt and I have new postings over on Borders Books' fantasy and science fiction blog Babel Clash, which you can find here.

I talk about Heinlein a bit, then try to change the subject by talking about the vital writer/reader collaboration that is part of every story.

Matt talks about using reality as the most essential building blocks of a good fantasy story.

Hie yourselves over there and take part in our continuing conversation about writing. Or don't. It's still America for a little while longer and you can do what you want.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little late to the party on this one, but it's great fun having you guys discuss this stuff online. Of course I'm sure I can pick out these sorts of snippets on the Clockwork Storybook forums, but a succinct RSS feed is much more convenient and much less time consuming.

    By the way, Bill, you have a twitter account?! I know, I know, it's great for marketing and cross-pollination and all that -- and I'm sure I'll succumb to creating one myself sooner or later -- but I never expected you do the micro-blog thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never expected it either. I stood like a bastion for as long as I could against such things, but some friends in Israel spent an evening demonstrating the marketing uses of such an account and, wanting to start a second career as a novelist, I couldn't ignore such a useful tool.

    Which makes me a bit of a tool, but there you go.

    ReplyDelete